This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

This project still supported and working for 2008 R2?

Feb 4, 2013 at 4:02 PM
I am in the slow process of updating my 2007 environment to 2010 but for now I need to move my current 2007 to a new 2007. Without getting into all of the details, my current database is corrupted and I have a tool to move the content that isn't corrupted to a new farm. Before I can do this, I need to get a new install of Moss 2007 installed on Server 2008 R2. The script however is not seeing the binary location.

This is the feedback I am getting. Before I troubleshoot much more, I need to know if this script still works.
_- Please enter the path to the setup binaries (e.g. C:\Install\MOSS)
C:\Install
- The path appears to be invalid, please try again
- Win2008R2 detected...
- Please enter the path to the setup binaries (e.g. C:\Install\MOSS)_
Here's to hoping that this project is still supported.
Feb 4, 2013 at 4:22 PM
I am getting this working or at least the install portion so far. I am modifying the batch files a great deal but so far so good. I will update as I go along.
Feb 4, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Edited Feb 4, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Nevermind, it is working now. I had to ultimately start at step number 2 in the menu and then move the binary install folder structure into a folder called x64 to get it to work. I also had to create an empty "extras" and pre-requisites folder. Also the %all programs% variable did not work so I had to use an absolute path. Everything after that seems to work just fine. Sorry for any concern.

Oh, the tee.exe file could not be found online but there is a wtee.exe program hosted with Google so I used that instead and modified the corresponding batch file to reflect the name change.
Coordinator
Feb 6, 2013 at 2:21 AM
Glad to hear it worked out for you, and folks out there still find this useful!

Brian
Oct 10, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Quick thanks for your post. I was having the same issues with the installer for 2007. After I added those two folders, I got further into the script. I also had an issue where the service account for creating the databases did not have access permissions to the database server. I added the accounts to the Remote Desktop Users group and the script worked fine. Thanks y'all.